Opening at Hot Springs Spa

Share your experiences, good and bad. Ask questions about workamping.

Opening at Hot Springs Spa

Postby JoanE » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:19 am

I am spending the summer in NM working at Riverbend Hot Springs Spa in Truth or consequences. The spa is truly lovely and the clientele are devoted and enthusiastic. I have met people from all over the US plus London and France.
Jake is looking for more workampers. You work the front desk for three 8 hr days then three days off. All hours over 20 are paid $8 per hour. You also get free laundry, free coffee, free soaks in the mineral springs and family discounts for visitors. I use my off days to explore NM.
If interested call Jake Forstner at 5758947625.
ImageMaggie Mae (Jack Russell "terror")
http://www.emptyponder.blogspot.com
JoanE

Re: Opening at Hot Springs Spa

Postby Pamela » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:45 pm

That sounds like a cool gig! To bad I'm still tied to my job...Have fun!
Pamela

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:52 pm

That sure does sound like a good summer job.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby JoanE » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:47 am

Just giving a head's up to anyone looking for a winter workamping position. Riverbend Hot Springs (look up on Trip Advisor) is hiring. One couple is leaving early Sept. They work the late afternoon/evening shift. I leave in the fall and I have the morning shift. Work is front office greeting guests, booking reservations, phone. The family is great to work for, the spa is beautiful and I have met interesting people from all corners of the earth.

This was my first workamping position and it was a good experience. I thought the perks were good too but have no previous experience to compare to. Not cleaning toilets was a great perk. :D

If you want the manager's contact info, send me a PM.
JoanE

Postby Pamela » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:26 pm

Joan do they provide a space for your RV. I have left my job and it is time to put on my big girl panties and do what I have said I wanted to do.
Pamela

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:53 pm

That sounds like a great job! I told Linda (Bikerchic) about it too.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JoanE » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:28 pm

Pamela wrote:Joan do they provide a space for your RV. I have left my job and it is time to put on my big girl panties and do what I have said I wanted to do.

Yes, you get full hookups across the street from the spa property; electric, water, sewer, cable. It is really just a gravel lot, no trees but I have suggested that they improve the lot for the RVs.

There is not a lot going on in T or C but NM has a lot to offer. I have used my off days to go exploring. People come from around the world to soak in the mineral springs. In my opinion, Riverbend is the nicest in T or C but some have said it is the nicest of any they have visited anywhere.

If you are interested, send me a PM and we can discuss further.

Joan
JoanE

Postby langfanatic » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:28 pm

Hi, I noticed the last post in this thread was from almost a year ago. Does anyone know if this is still an option?

Johanna
langfanatic

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:04 pm

langfanatic wrote:Hi, I noticed the last post in this thread was from almost a year ago. Does anyone know if this is still an option?

Johanna

This location has used workampers from as long as I've been rving, and I suspect still does. If interested, give them a call.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby langfanatic » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:10 pm

Thanks Beth!

Johanna
langfanatic

Return to Workamping